Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Have A Bang Bang Halloween (and More Never Before Used Stuff)



Hello and welcome.  I'm sharing a card Halloween card I made today using Gangster Babe from A and M Memories.  I really love this image because there's so many different ways to use her besides Halloween (Birthday, Just Because, See You Later, etc).  I also discovered a new (to me) challenge blog called Pixie's Crafty Workshop that would require me to use some of the scrap designer paper, card stock, embellies or ribbon for my card.

After printing off my image and coloring with both prismacolor and copic markers, I stippled some Tim Holtz old paper, tea stain and weathered wood distress inks around the image to "age it" a bit before layering.  Since I was making a Halloween card, I pulled out my Halloween designer paper scraps to see what I had.  After choosing a large scrap for the card I bought at Target a few years back, I pulled out some Graphic 45 fall designer paper scraps to create a border.  I then used a scrap of ribbon to make a bow for her hat adhering it using a micro glue dot.  I then pulled out a (NBUS) never before used Souffle black glaze pen to highlight the buttons on her dress and shoes.  Once all of that was done, I added some silver brads, along with a leftover Halloween charm from a few years back, before popping the image panel up over my "scrap border".  The final touch was adding six paper flowers from my stash with leftover Stampendous bling stickers for the flower centers.

I am very pleased with how the card turned out.  Even better was being able to use up some left over scraps.

Challenges entered:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 303 - 304

Pammies Inky Pinkies - 1743 Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a fantastic day!

Stamps: A and M Memories Gangster Babe Digi
Ink: Tim Holtz Old Paper, Tea Stain, Weathered Wood
Card Stock: Stampin Up!, Scrap Designer Paper (Graphic 45 & Target)
Accessories: Charm, Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Stipple Brushes, Brads, Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Stampendous Bling Stickers, Paper Flowers, Ribbon Scrap


4 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie Lynn

    How lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground with such a fun card! Warning - you might get a bit hooked on using up snippets, but they will just keep on breeding anyhow :) Hope you come back to play with us soon

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card and yes I see that it could be used several ways. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you checked out the Playground and joined in, Bonnie! You did a fantastic job on this great card using your snippets and bonus for using your NBUS, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, Bonnie. Love how you did the ribbon on her hat!

    ReplyDelete